Summary of mod
- Game: Total War: Shogun 2
- Publisher: SEGA
- Type of resource: modification of unit stats
- File size: 18kB
- File type: .zip
- Mod type: custom .pack file
- Changes: reduces unit walk, run and charge speed with -33% per unit. Increases unit morale of each unit type with 225%.
- Goal: increased importance of tactical manouvres and increased battle lenght.
The ‘Timing Tactical Battles’ mod is also available in the Steam Workshop of Total War: Shogun 2. You can check the item via this link.
The ‘Timing Tactical Battle’ mod for Total War: Shogun 2 increases the lenght of battles and the importance of tactical manouvres. With an increase in unit morale, battles will last longer and units will continue fighting even when higher losses occur. This increases battle time as well as the amount of casualties that may occur. The ‘Timing Tactical Battle’ mod also decreases the unit walk, run and charge speeds with -33% for each unit type. This increases the importance of tactical manouvres as the player will face grim consequences if the manouvres were wrong, as it takes more time to correct failed manouvres. This also rewards well placed manouvres as the opponent will not be able to quickly counter your tactical moves.
1. Download the .zip file
2. Extract .zip file
3. Place the .pack file inside of the compressed zip file in your Total War: Shogun 2 data folder, e.g. “x:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Total War SHOGUN 2\data”
4. Start the game, if asked, checkbox that you want to play with “timingbattletactics.pack” enabled.
5. Have fun!